Sunday 21 September 2014

Boys, Boys, Boys....

Good afternoon, it has been a glorious sunny day here in Adelaide and I am on the couch feeling sad and sorry for myself with a head cold.  However it does afford me some time to catch up on posting some recent projects.  

Today I have 3 projects to show you, all for some of the many boys in my life, LOL that sounds terrible but between my family and work I am surrounded by them!!

So first up is a birthday card I made for my brother in law.  Since I have known him he has had this painting on the wall of his home, it is of an outback house and it was painted for him by his brother for his 21st birthday.  This painting used to hang in the old lounge room above the TV, and I would find myself staring at the painting more often than actually watching the TV.  This image from Make It Crafty reminds me so much of this picture. This is Aussie Outback Shack



A close up of this beautiful image -


This next card is a very clean and simple design for a birthday card using these awesome Candle dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  The Happy Birthday was made downloading a font from dafont.com called gothical created by Pi Luo Chiu.




Finally a card I made for me and my team to sign to farewell a colleague into retirement.  Phil had been with our company for 23 years, he had so much knowledge and experience and would take the time to teach all of us about how things worked and why things were done a certain way.  For me who is most definitely not a technical expert Phil was so patient when explaining things to me so that I could understand.  He will certainly leave a hole in our team, and will be dearly missed by all.  As he moves into retirement he plans to take up lawn bowls, so Shot Bowl Sid from Just Inklined was perfect :)  (my apologies this photo was the best of a bad bunch...apparently I couldn't take a clean photo that day...)




Thanks for stopping by to have a look :o)

xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...