Monday 8 July 2013

The updates continue...

The updates continue tonight.  This next card I have to show you was for a mate of mine who's birthday was in late June.  

I've said it before and I will say it again, boys cards are difficult!!  Luckily though I still had my Ma's Kaszazz gears stamps that i had borrowed, and I had the idea to make my own background paper to go with the image.  These were stamped on white card with coffee archival ink, my favourite ink colour to use on my images for painting.  Once the gears were stamped I was going to go over the paper with my antique linen distress stain... to my horror it had gone green in the bottle!!  Yes green!  I had the same thing happen with my weathered wood :(  It was one of those moments that really threw me, I had this idea in my head for what I wanted... and it certainly wasn't going to work now, what to do??  I thought about blending antique linen over but it was not the effect I wanted, so I went back to my bottles of distress stain to see what other colours I had... Scattered Straw!!  By this time I was at the well the worst I can do is ruin it stage and have to start again! Thankfully it worked really well and gave a really nice warmth to the paper, and I am going to replicate it again to use for my nephews birthday card sometime before Wednesday this week lol.

First up a look at the image.  This is the Anime Game Kid I bought through Whimsy Stamps, an awesome stamp that gives a really clear print.


I had fun inking on this image and I was really happy with the end result.



The sentiment is also a Kaszazz stamp, and one of my favourites.

Thanks for looking

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...