Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Stamping Chef Challenge # 53

Hello and welcome to another The Stamping Chef Challenge

This week I am here to share another inspiration piece with you all using the too cute Suzette image.  I LOVE this image, her big eyes and all that hair is amazing!!  

Tamara has heaps of other images and digital papers available in the store, and a number of new cuties have recently been added!!  Don't forget to share your TSC makes with us over in the Facebook group, the team loves seeing what you do with your images!!

Now back to my card for this week - 


This card was put together using the gorgeous Vintage Blue digital paper pack available at Snap Click Supply Co. so many amazing digital papers and elements available.


My image this week has been printed on to watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Ink Refills.



Distress Ink Colours
Skin - Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo
Cheeks - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick
Hair - Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain (refill Ink for shading and marker for the hair strands)
Eyes - Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire
Top - Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky
Bow - Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire
Butterflies - Milled Lavender, Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord


Thanks for looking, and I look forward to seeing you over in the TSC Recipes Facebook group sharing your TSC makes with me and the team xx





3 comments:

  1. Love this
    Do you do any tutorials ? I am just starting out using distress inks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, This post here http://milszy.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/distress-inks-with-digital-images.html is about as close as I have to a tutorial. I use the refill inks in little plastic pots and a very fine 3/0 brush with a cup of water for my colouring. There are many videos on you tube you can see that do similar colouring to me like Camilla - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvRZgibU7M - or you can look at the distress classes over at Kit and Clowder by guest teacher Tracy Payne - http://kitandclowder.ning.com/distress . The most important piece of advice I can give you is use a good watercolour paper. There are many preferences, I prefer Arches but you can also look for a Langton or Canson - Hot press is the best as it is the smoothest :) Have fun!!!

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful hun, her hair is perfect!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...