Monday 5 May 2014

It's Time for a Catch Up...

Good evening,

Although I can be terrible at keeping my blog up to date, there is still plenty of colouring and card making in the background.  

Tonight's post is all about catching up on the projects I have made and not posted.  This will be very picture heavy, so grab a cuppa and enjoy.

The first project I would like to share is the card I made for my Sister for her birthday.  Being that she is so Awesome I had to make her a spectacular card.  This Saturated Canary Sweater Socks Fairy was a little bigger than a normal card so I had to think outside the square a bit for this project and made her more like a plaque.  There is a little hidey hole behind the Tim Holtz butterfly die cut that I tucked a matching tag with the message.





The Second project was a card I made with an image I have shown previously.  This card was for my gorgeous and fabulous hairdresser.  I thought Melyssa from Make it Crafty with all this gorgeous hair was just perfect for a hairdresser :)



My third project was a card I made for my youngest Nephew Alexander for his second birthday.  This little Rocket Boy image and sentiment came from Tiddly Inks and the planet I found in a free colouring page.  The star was a standard shape from Pages :)  The stars on this project look a little grainy and funny, but that is because they are covered in glow in the dark embossing powder, works a treat!!




The fourth project was a birthday card for a friend of mine.  This one was a week or two late unfortunately, but thankfully B didn't mind - he knows how terrible I am lol.  This little monster was put together using the Monster Elements sets available from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.



The fifth project was a card I was asked by B to make for his Mum.  For the last three years I have been making cards for him for his Mum's birthday.  My Ma had given me this gorgeous Flourishes Cherry Blossom stamp set for my birthday, and I thought it was just perfect.  Embellished with lovely Wild Orchid Craft flowers and a Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page plaque, simple and elegant :)



My sixth project was for my friend J's birthday.  J loves everything Tinkerbell and has a whole display of all her Tink trinkets and cards.  Using the Butterfly swing from Make it Crafty I merged a free colouring page image of Tink.



My seventh and eighth projects to share were from Easter this year.  I had promised my oldest nephew a Bookmark to use when reading his Harry Potter series I had bought for him.  I was planning on using Wizard Boy from Tiddly Inks, but when I was showing him the picture he liked the Tiddly's Be My Mummy better, so I used it to make this bookmark for him.



Just before Easter I was lucky enough to win a free digital image from Little Miss Muffet Stamps for my anniversary card I made (Shown in the post titled Weddiversary).  I chose this gorgeous Easter Bunny Hiding and made 3 cards for my 3 little men to put with their Easter presents.



My ninth project was a piece I coloured with my Copics using a Hannah Lynn digital stamp called Cali Girl available through Crafts and Me.  I love the style of Hannah Lynn images,  one of the first stamps I bought when starting to colour was Hannah's Genevieve, and it is still one of my absolute favourites. I actually realised after I had taken this photo that I hadn't finished off her eyes properly. Since taking this picture I have coloured the centres in black and added back in the white reflective dots off centre from the middle of the eye.  I was so happy with how this turned out, and especially her eyes and skin.



The last two incredibly cheeky ;) projects I have to share use the same image available through Redonkadoodles called Cheeky Greeting.  These cards have been made for colleagues of mine, both have a great sense of humour and cheeky personalities, so I couldn't resist this image for the lads :)





Phew... and we are there!!  I think I may be caught up on blogging all my recent projects!!  All of these images have been coloured with Copics, if you have any questions on colours used, just drop me a line and I will see what I can do to try and remember the combinations, note to self, must write this stuff down!!

Keep an eye out for the upcoming Mother's Day projects, I have spent all day in the craft room today working on one of my images in distress inks, and there is still more painting to go!!  I wish I could share the progress as I am so happy with how it is looking, but I know that my Ma looks here to see what I have been up so I'll just have to wait.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed today's photo gallery :)

xx



1 comment:

  1. Hi Milly, Found your blog through the KandC fb page - your cards are gorgeous and love your colouring :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...