Friday 26 April 2013

An interstate delivery

Hello again,

Two posts in one night, this is almost unheard of for me!!  Second tonight is another commissioned piece, this time for my friend Mandy who lives in Melbourne, so it's on its way to the post office tomorrow.  

This card is for Mandy's Mum who is having a special birthday.  

This was the second Tilda in Cotton Dress I painted in the last 24 hours.  The first one I had painted completely, and then at the last minute I thought I am going to give her black eyes, so using intense Black Soot ink I coloured in over the brown ones.... then I realised I had forgotten to paint her cheeks.  As I was blending in her cheeks my brush swiped over the edge of her eye and I streaked black ink over her face.  Oh boy was I annoyed... I was so angry with myself, frustrated!!!  I tried to fix it, I tried everything....  This little Tilda ended up in pieces in the bin and I had to start again... So incredibly NOT HAPPY!!!  and note...no black eyes in the pictures below ;o)

So I started on version two...



At the recent papercraft fair here in Adelaide I finally came across a store that stocks Maja Papers.  I have drooled over these gorgeous papers countless times on Camilla's blog but never found a shop in Adelaide that stocks them.  The stall I bought them from had them all lined up in two beautiful bookcases and I stood there looking in awe at all these gorgeous papers, not knowing what to buy.  I finally made some quick decisions and got out of there before I weakened and bought everything!!  So this is my first card with one of these gorgeous papers....I'm in love ;o)








The gorgeous purple strip in the picture above is the other side of paper, and I hid the join with that cute as pink flower ribbon.


I hope you like it Miss Mandy!!!

Thanks for looking

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...