Tuesday 4 October 2011

It's been awhile....

Good Evening Bloggers,

Well it has certainly been awhile between posts, and there is much to catch up on.

I have been a busy little bee lately, so I will do this update in a couple of posts.  Seeing as I have the day off work tomorrow I should have plenty of time to upload all my recent cards.

So it all began with my nephew James' 7th Birthday on the 28th of August (Aunty Milly is wondering where on earth 7 years have gone!!)  For this card I used my Cool Edwin Magnolia Stamp from the Sweet Rainbow Collection (I tried to find a link at THE Magnolia website, but couldn't find theses stamps on the website any where, so I have directed you to one of my favourite online stores - another excellent online store to check out is here), and combined it with the Kaisercraft Konstrukt clear stamps.  All stamps have been coloured using the distress ink re-inkers except for the ruler, this has been coloured using Lyra AquaColour Crayons.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.  I was at my Mum's place when I was playing with the bits and pieces to see how they would work, so I took a photo of how I wanted the pieces to be set out so that I would remember what I was going to do when I got home.  So imagine a plain black card instead of the timber table....



and a close up of Cool Edwin




Next on the list was my friends, daughters, 6th birthday.  I had just received my Circus Tilda and Circus Horse stamps from the Magnolia Cozy Family collection through the post, and I was itching to stamp and ink up these images.  What perfect stamps to use for Indie's 6th Birthday!!  I messaged my friend and found out that Indie's favourite colour was green, and away we went.

So I have a first photo here that shows part way through the initial inking stage...



As Indie likes green I had inked Tilda up using Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint, with Victorian Velvet to break it up.  This next image shows the finished product ready to attach to my card.  As you can see there is a fair amount of shadowing in this next image.  I learnt how to do this from a youtube video that you can watch here.  This gives the image so much more depth, and just adds that something special I think to make your image even more 3D!  I have used Walnut Stain to shadow Tilda and Black Soot on the horse.



Now to make the card!!  I had never made an easel card before and I thought with such a cute image to attach it deserved a special card! So I had a go and this is the final product...



The purple butterfly paper is Magnolia and the green paper comes from the Kaisercraft Utopia Collection.  The bright pink was from my stash. The Big white butterfly's I bought from my local $2 shop and I have forgotten their brand.  The Flower is Prima, and the butterfly cutout is a Martha Stewart Punch, cut ou tin white card and sponged over with Distress Ink Dusty Concord.  The extra pearly details is the White Opal liquid pearls.

If you would like to know all the colours I used on Circus Tilda and her Circus Horse, drop me a line and I will do my best to help!

Finally for tonight I will finish off with a card I made for my Brother's Fiancee's (his wife now!) Kitchen Tea.  Unfortunately the photo of this card does not do it justice as the cake is actually 3D.  I traced a picture of a cake off of my laptop screen (very gently!!! as I don't actually have a working printer at the moment).  I then traced it onto card and cut out all the separate elements.  The top tier of the cake is stuck flat to the card, the second tier has one layer of foam mounts and the third tier has two layers of foam mounts. It's decorated with liquid pearls, diamond stickles, some roses and a rosebud from my stash and a liquid pearl decorated butterfly with my Martha Stewart punch.  Simple, yet effective!!




I have a few more projects to share with you, including the finished result for the card I made with my mushrooms. However it is now 3am, lucky for me I don't have to go to work in the morning, so check back soon to see some more bits and pieces!

Thanks for looking, and as always feel free to leave any comments or questions!!

Good night,

xx Milly

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...