Friday 1 July 2011

Welcome

So this would be my first ever Blog.  I have been home from work sick for the past two days, and am starting to get a little stir crazy.

I have an obsession, which I will be sharing here, and that is Scrapbooking.  Currently I am very interested in making cards, and learning the new technique of hand colouring stamps with Distress Inks.

I had my first go yesterday afternoon with this, and with help from another Blog post I found I don't think it looks to bad for a first go.  Unfortunately the light wasn't superb for taking a photo, my unit doesn't let much light in, but still shows up pretty well.  I learnt the effects from this talented young lady - Critchley Creations

Here is my first attempt with the Magnolia range Sneaky Tilda Stamp-





I followed Rachel's colours (link to her blog above) with a couple of changes, but now I am looking forward to seeing where I can go from here.

I have also been experimenting with my Ma's aquacolour crayons. Firstly I stamped my Kaszazz Gecko stamp with Staz-On ink, it's a bit smelly but permanent so not effected with the water brushes.  The first day I painted him I was pleased with the effect as it was my first attempt ever using these.  I think the hardest part was controlling the amount of water coming through the brushes.  However I will let you judge for yourself (keep in mind I am not good with having consistent shadowing yet across my figures, something I need to work on)


So I went to use this little guy for my friends birthday card, and when I looked at him again he seemed very washed out.  So instead of starting straight with the card, out came the crayons again to try and make him pop off the page -


As you can see he is a lot brighter!!  I then used the Kaszazz Mesh Stamp with Forest Moss Distress Ink to try and give the effect of the reptile skin around the edge.  Before attaching to the card I also sponged over the mesh stamp to increase the effect.

And the finished product :o)

  
Thanks for stopping by, feel free to leave a comment and see you again soon :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...