So this Wednesday is Alex's birthday, and we are having a party to celebrate next Saturday, let's hope there is not too much rain as it will be in the park!! I am posting this now with the theory that my sister will be way too busy getting everything done this week to check in and have a look, so Lizzie if you are reading this close the window and come back after Saturday ;o)
I am very organised for the boys birthdays this year, with all the stamps I want to use for their cards already ordered and bought months in advance, very unlike me I know!! Usually I scramble around at the last minute to get something organised as that is generally when I do my best work...perhaps I am finally growing up too... nah that'll never happen ;o)
Ok, so lets get onto the card. Using Edwin with Airplane from the Prince and Princesses Collection.
My colours were very much in keeping with St Patrick's day today, although not something I had thought of when I first started colouring. The orange and green is very similar to the Irish flag colours.
The other products I used were
- Lovely Fence doohickey from Magnolia.
- The strip of paper behind Edwin is from the Kaisercraft Little Toots collection
- I'm not sure where the gingham is from it has been in my collection that long!
- The sentiment is from Wild Rose Studio
- The number 1 stamp was from my Docrafts Forever Friends Hand Script Numbers set.
- And to finish, seeing as I can't put flowers on boys cards there is plenty of stickles, there has to be something 'pretty' on there so I used my True Blue, Waterfall, Eucalyptus and some Silver...only a little bit of bling ;o)
Alexander, I got the pleasure to see and hold you when you were only hours old. You have such a unique little personality, and I look forward to watching you grow and learn and become your own little person. Aunty Mimi loves you, and will always be your biggest fan xoxoxo
I'd like to enter this into
7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog - Glitter
Tilda's Town - Anything Goes
Thanks for looking.