Sunday 27 May 2012

Mother's Day

Good Evening Bloggers,

So recently I came across a new folding style that I found on the StampARTic blog - here.

I loved the idea of this, and thought this could be a really "wow" factor card style.  Mother's Day in Australia is the second Sunday in May,  so I decided to make 2 gorgeous Mother's Day cards using this technique.  I really only need to make one for my Ma, but my sister now has 3 children, and I love to give her a card also as she is such a wonderful Mum to her boys.

So first up, lets have a look at the gorgeous little Tilda I inked in for my Sisters card.  From the new Summer Memories collection we have the cute Tilda with Water Lily.

Isn't she adorable. I love that curly hair with her ribbon.


The flowers on this card are from Prima.  I love the large flower with the brad on it, the edges are so sparkly.

So for my Ma's card I wanted to make it very special, considering she is so special to me.  Once again I used the new stamps from the Summer Memories collection, Honeybee Tilda masked with the Meadow Daisy background stamp.


Her wings are covered in Diamond Stickles, with Fruit Punch Stickles on the flower and Yellow Stickles for the little bobbles on the end of her antennae.

So using the same folding technique I made the following for my Ma -


You'll notice another one of those gorgeous Prima flowers again :o)

Finally it was my friend Lia's birthday.  I wanted to make a special card for her as she has had a tough couple of months.  So using my new Princess Party Tilda Stamp from the Prince & Princesses Collection I made a black, white and red themed card.



Lia isn't a scrapper, however she understands how long it takes to make each card, when she opened the envelope she literally got goosebumps, it was such a lovely reaction.

Finally something a little different to finish up with.  For Mother's Day my sister and I gave our Ma a voucher for a years Magnolia Stamp Club, so of course I had to colour in a Magnolia Stamp to put on the front.  Lilyrose the dragon from the Prince and Princesses collection was sitting there looking oh so cute and I just had to use her.  I decided to ink her in using very different colours so went with Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord, With Pine Needles, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade for the accents.


This photo just doesn't do justice to all her sparkles.  I was at my Ma's today, and she had the voucher sitting on her scrap desk, and with the way the light was shining on Lily rose just made the stickles sparkle so beautifully -


Now that is one shiny, cute little Lilyrose :o)

Thanks for looking

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...