Saturday 21 April 2012

Bella's Birthday

Good Afternoon Bloggers,

Today I have a card I have made for my friend Jess' 30th Birthday.  I picked up this cute stamp from the craft fair last weekend and was itching to ink in the little cutie.

So the stamp is Bella's Birthday from Wild Rose Studio and the paper is from the Bella's Birthday paper stack.  Love these papers, they are all just gorgeous!!

I have actually taken a few photos through the colouring stages this time so that you can see how Bella comes to life as I slowly layer on more colour.

So first of all we start with the plain outline stamped in Black Staz-on ink - 


It stamps a beautiful clear crisp image.  First of all I started with Bella using Distress Ink Refill Pumice Stone


Slow and steady certainly wins the race, so I start with a very light layer, but still trying to keep a bit darker around the edges for the shadow.


As you can see from the top of her head, I go back and slowly layer over colour until I am happy with the result.  Pumice Stone is the perfect colour for Elephants.  I have used Black Soot in the bottom of her feet.

So next is to work on adding some pink in the ears and some rosy cheeks :o)


Sorry about the photo being a little fuzzy!  So the ears are coloured with some Spun Sugar and then Worn Lipstick where I needed it to be darker.  Bella's cheeks are Worn Lipstick, layering on colour very slowly as it is very easy to overboard why such a strong colour!

I then finished painting the rest of the image, and we have one very VERY cute little Bella!!


So for the present I have used Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord and Black Soot, the Present Bow and the Balloon are Victorian Velvet, and Stormy Sky for the butterfly.  I love this image, I can see it being used for boys or girls depending on the colours you choose :o)

Last but not least the finished product :o)


Happy birthday Miss Jess, hope you had a wonderful day :o)

Thanks for looking

xx Milly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...